1. Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill. I wrote a review on this book and it’s perfectly sweet and just excellent. It was exactly what I thought it would be and that was so great.
2. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie. I had to add a second book to this list because it is so. good. I had to read it for my Anthropology class and I’m so glad I did! It’s pretty awesome and sad, totally worth it to read.
3. Caramel Lattes. I had never tried a caramel latte before because I generally don’t love caramel. But the other day, the idea of regular coffee made me want to throw up so I went for it and it WAS LIFE-ALTERING! Never going back.
4. Instagram. I don’t want to sound like a loser, but I freaking love this app. It’s nice to see what everyone is up to, especially since all of my high school friends are off at different schools. It’s a fun way to stay connected.
5. Parenthood. As in the tv show. My mom has been watching this show since it came out, but I had never really gotten into it until now. I’m not kidding, every episode makes me cry. That’s a good thing. It’s so good, and it doesn’t hurt that Lorelai’s in it. Also, can we just freak out over Mae Whitman for two seconds? My hero.
6. Those creepy claymation Christmas movies. You know, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Jack Frost and the Heat Meiser one? My brother and I used to watch these every year during the holidays. We still do, when we remember! They’re totally weird, but they bring me back and I like it.
7. LINCOLN! I went to see this movie over Thanksgiving break and it was incredible! I can’t even think of anything else to say.
8. BOOTS! I have these three pairs of essential winter boots that I have been wearing almost every day. A girl needs her boots.
9. Ingrid Michaelson. Always a favorite. Check dis bangin’ track.
10. SHOPPING FOR LUGGAGE! With my grand adventure on the horizon, I have been planning, planning, planning. And by that I mean shopping. For luggage, of course. And sweaters and coats and boots and that is NOT THE POINT. This is the suitcase I settled on because it is HUGE and easy to carry. YES! I’M THINKING THE PURPLE COLOR.
Alright, those were my favorites! Keep your eyes peeled for my London blog, in which I will be writing about my journey to five month journey to jolly old England. I mean, only if you care should you keep your eyes peeled.