I guess I can’t go a week without blogging. Today, Reen (of The Wanderer) nominated me and my blog for the Super Sweet Blog Award. I was so surprised! This is my first blog award, and I am so thankful to Reen for nominating me. (By the way, her blog totally rocks, you all MUST read it). When I started this blog about a year ago, I never expected people to actually read it. I just loved the books I read so much that I needed an outlet to write about them, and this blog provided me with one. Now, a dozen or so books later, my project has turned into an exceptionally important part of my routine. It’s more than just the books, you know? It’s the satisfaction of knowing that people are giving these stories I love the time of day. Even if people don’t go out and buy the books I write about, at least they are aware of their existence. I want people to know authors, to be impressed and proud of the work they produce. I think that writing a good, personal and universal book is one of the hardest things a human being can do. When I find a person who is successfully done that, I need to tell people. At first, I wrote for myself. Now, I still write for myself, but I also write for authors and for readers and for people who hate books and for people who love them. It’s turned into something much more personally important than I could have expected. And I’m glad that Reen nominated me for this award, even if only for an excuse to tell you all this.
- Thank the blogger(s) who gave you the award and link back to their blog.
- Nominate other blogs for this award and let them know.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Answer 5 questions:
- Cookies or Cake? Cookie cake
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate, because I’m not afraid of flavor.
- Favorite sweet treat? Swirly frozen custard.
- When do you crave sweet things the most? When I wake up, and then for rest of my waking day with a break around never.
- If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? ho-ho (you really set yourself up for that one).
- Je Suis Frenchie
- Books and Bowel Movements
- Interesting Literature
- My Library
- Pages Unbound
- A Room with Books
So thanks everybody! It’s been a fun year.
P.S. As a side note to my nominees, don’t feel obligated to accept and/or thank me on your blog! I understand that everyone blogs differently and that this might not fit in with the themes of each person’s blog. I just really wanted to mention everyone on that list because you all are truly my favorite blogs out there, and I love reading every single one of them! Just wanted you guys to know that!! Happy holidays!