1. The Disenchantments. This was definitely my favorite book of the month. Told from a refreshing point of view, the story of four high school arts students as they tromp through the pacific northwest on their band’s last tour together is not one to miss. Pretty imagery, and the most well-written and richly beautiful characters I’ve read in a long while. You gotta check it out.
2. Christmas! I love Christmas, and this year’s ultimate holiday did not disappoint.
3. My Patagonia fleece. I got this sick red polar fleece for Christmas and have worn it every day since. It’s warm and fuzzy and perfect.
4. Anne Lamott. I started reading Bird by Bird and I just love her. She’s got this great voice and
she tells it like it is. What it means to be a writer. It’s not really what I want to hear, but it’s what I need to hear. And she knows that and makes it beautiful to read anyways. If you’re a writer, or want to be one, then you should read her stuff.
5. Starbucks black tea lemonade. I know that it’s winter and that I’m crazy for ordering a cold drink from Starbucks. But every time I go in there, it’s all I want. It is totally delicious.
6. My soda maker! I got a Soda Stream for Christmas and I am OBSESSED!
I’m a bog soda drinker, I have to admit. I know it’s bad for me, but I love it so this was the perfect gift. I make fresh soda everyday and I swear it tastes like fountain soda.
7. Pugz. Always a favorite. Especially mine.