1. Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys. This is one of the best books I have ever read. The main character, Josie, has such a level-headed, responsible and hopeful voice. It’s a story that’s technically thought of as YA, but I think it leans more toward historical fiction. Set in the 1950s in New Orleans, Sepetys successfully writes about the “Big Easy” and one girl’s desperate attempts to escape it.
2. Sara Bareilles. An old favorite that I’m bringing back because she just released a pretty awesome new song.
3. Scrubs. Another old favorite that I’ve gotten into again. It’s the kind of show that you never get tired of.
4. Percy Jackson on the metro. I just started an internship in DC, so everyday I have to take the metro into the city. It only takes about 25 minutes, but that is complete boredom with out a book. I’ve been re-reading the Percy Jackson books in anticipation of the new movie (that comes out on my 20th birthday!) I realize I am probably the only 20 year old who would choose to celebrate this way. I don’t care.
5. Starbucks Black Tea Lemonade. There’s nothing like it when summer comes around!
6. AMERICA!!! Just got back to the old states and loving it.